- About Us
- Contact Us
Torch maintains an excellent work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, and rewarding work assignments with major opportunities for advancement. This could be your opportunity to join a growing, fast-paced company that is setting standards for superior technical services. To be considered for employment opportunities, you must complete an online application.
Applicants may be subject to government security investigations and must be able to access classified information. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national orgin, age, marital status, veteran status, or the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability. Torch Technologies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org.
Already applied? Click here to manage your online application.
Are you interested in this position? Apply online today for consideration. You may update your application at any time.
Do you know someone who's qualified for this position? Help them out by sending a referral.
See a complete list of our current career openings.
Find out more about our award-winning benefits, our culture of employee ownership, and the strong ties we have to our local communities.
Hanscom AFB, MA
Torch is currently seeking a logistics engineer to provide acquisition and life cycle sustainment support to the Internet Protocol Enabled Communication (IPEC) Program, AWACS Division, which is within the Battle Management Directorate (AFLCMC/HB) at Hanscom AFB, MA.
• The selected candidate must be able to work independently and with the Program Team to Identify, develop, and utilize proper acquisition logistics approaches, processes and procedures.
• Accurately assess, develop, recommend, plan, and implement effective logistics solutions across twelve (12) Integrated Product Support (IPS) elements.
• Assist the Program Team in the implementation of the overall sustainment strategy for the program as it transitions from EMD into production and ultimately to sustainment.
• Identify/define product support requirements, assess status, identify shortfalls, and coordinate with stakeholders to develop required actions and plans to overcome any identified shortfalls.
• Provide support and advice for Technical Orders (TOs), Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS) integration, maintenance and mission crew training, support equipment, manufacturing/production oversight, management of Government Furnished Equipment (GFE), supply chain management and configuration/ data management, Interim Contractor Support (ICS), Performance Based Logistics (PBL) strategies and manufacturing as well as assist in the development of logistics technical baseline requirements documents plus Milestone C documentation for the program.
• Other responsibilities include supporting Government Technical Evaluations and Basis-of-Estimates (BOEs), attending design reviews and Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs), and identifying major program logistics risk areas and applying appropriate mitigation strategies.
• This position also supports various program activities such as Depot Maintenance Activation Working Group (DMAWG), managing and reviewing customer deliveries of Support Equipment Recommendation Data (SERD) Contract Data Requirement List (CDRL), Support Equipment (SE) acquisition, logistic support, and life-cycle management.
• Experience with acquisition logistics and product support elements to include; Depot Planning, Support Equipment Development/Procurement, Support to Equipment Design/Manufacture, Spares Identification and Provisioning, Spares Acquisition included in Production (SAIP), Technical Manual Development, Validation, Milestone C Documentation, Training Development/Administration and Long Lead identification/procurement, Support to Configuration Control Board, Support to Source Selection.
• Experience in developing a product support strategy for a major weapons systems a plus.
• Managerial experience with excellent writing and presentation skills.
• Operational experience in a logistics discipline.
• Experience working in DoD or Air Force acquisition programs.
Bachelors Degree in a technical or logistics discipline and 8 years' experience required. Some experience can be substituted for a Master's Degree or PhD.
The position requires that candidate possess a current security clearance in order to access classified information. Inability to maintain a security clearance will result in candidate being ineligible for this position.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://jobs.torchtechnologies.com/careers/ as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 256-319-7549 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Thanks for your interest in Torch Technologies.
To apply for the first time, select an announcement and click apply for the first time on the menu to the left. If you have already applied, you may edit or update an existing application by clicking Manage My Application on the menu.