- About Us
- Contact Us
Torch maintains an excellent work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, and rewarding work assignments with major opportunities for advancement. This could be your opportunity to join a growing, fast-paced company that is setting standards for superior technical services. To be considered for employment opportunities, you must complete an online application.
Applicants may be subject to government security investigations and must be able to access classified information. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national orgin, age, marital status, veteran status, or the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability. Torch Technologies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Contact us as email@example.com.
Already applied? Click here to manage your online application.
Are you interested in this position? Apply online today for consideration. You may update your application at any time.
Do you know someone who's qualified for this position? Help them out by sending a referral.
See a complete list of our current career openings.
Find out more about our award-winning benefits, our culture of employee ownership, and the strong ties we have to our local communities.
Torch is currently seeking candidates to provide engineering/analytical support by evaluating microelectronic and COTS component availability and supportability for Army platforms.
The selected candidate will work with the Program Office and an OEM engineering team to explore manufacturing and acquisition alternatives that minimize obsolescence impacts for systems supported. Candidate must demonstrated ability to read, interpret and follow schematics, engineering drawings, circuit layouts, and Bills of Materials.
• Provide expert predictive obsolescence research, mitigation solutions, technical analysis and engineering recommendations with specialization in reverse engineering, hardware design/integration recommendations and material qualifications for Aviation and Missile Command (AMCOM) programs.
• Interface with part and component manufacturers to verify and validate OEM part numbers, qualified manufacturers, qualified manufacturer part numbers, part number availability, alternate part numbers (and sources) and NSN’s for all electronic parts, COTS items, and other components.
• Provide support to engineering staff to reverse engineer hybrid chip sets, application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs), and custom devices which cannot be found in standard part catalogs. Generate requirements, specifications, and verification/validations procedures for electronics components through the tear-down of the supported weapon systems.
• Provide input in the development of obsolescence instructions, procedures and training for the Obsolescence Branch's pursuit of ISO certification.
• Prepare reports to management and customers on system requirements and sustainment findings. Perform quarterly system health assessments that explain research and analysis across AMCOM programs to address cost, schedule, and technical risks associated with obsolescence. Provide analysis of vendor pricing and availability data and provide proposed solutions regarding the health status of equipment being analyzed for obsolescence redesign.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, MIS or related discipline is desired but directly relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience performing component and obsolescence engineering tasks for DoD aviation and/or missile platforms is required.
• Experience with industry-standard parts and supply databases.
• Use of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Access, Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Excellent communication, presentation and customer interface skills required.
• Ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment.
Up to 25% Travel may be required for this position.
Position requires that candidates possess a final security clearance in order to access classified information. Inability to maintain a security clearance will result in candidate being ineligible for this position.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://jobs.torchtechnologies.com/careers/ as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 256-319-7549 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your interest in Torch Technologies.
To apply for the first time, select an announcement and click apply for the first time on the menu to the left. If you have already applied, you may edit or update an existing application by clicking Manage My Application on the menu.