- About Us
- Contact Us
Torch maintains an excellent work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, and rewarding work assignments with major opportunities for advancement. This could be your opportunity to join a growing, fast-paced company that is setting standards for superior technical services. To be considered for employment opportunities, you must complete an online application.
Applicants may be subject to government security investigations and must be able to access classified information. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national orgin, age, marital status, veteran status, or the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability. Torch Technologies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org.
Already applied? Click here to manage your online application.
Are you interested in this position? Apply online today for consideration. You may update your application at any time.
Do you know someone who's qualified for this position? Help them out by sending a referral.
See a complete list of our current career openings.
Find out more about our award-winning benefits, our culture of employee ownership, and the strong ties we have to our local communities.
Eglin AFB, FL
This position resides at Eglin AFB, FL, and provides advisory and assistance support to the Air Force Research Laboratory Munitions Directorate (AFRL/RW). The successful candidate will support the science & technology community in the development of advanced weapon concepts and technologies to dramatically improve weapon performance. The candidate will provide expertise in multiple areas.
• Assist in developing new technology investment ideas to mitigate capability gaps for the warfighter, including defining the scope of work, budget, schedule, and risk required to further new technologies.
• Assist in generating system and subsystem requirements based on a thorough understanding of highly technical aspects of current and emerging threats, overarching warfighter requirements, capability trade studies, and emerging technologies.
• Advise and assist in performing highly complex system and subsystem tradeoff studies to include make or buy decisions, functional allocations, cost, weight, size, and performance.
• Prepare and coordinate written specifications, performance work statements, and other technical documents.
• Monitor science & technology development progress, and report this progress to the team. Evaluate requirements, functional descriptions, and hardware and software specifications for completeness and requirements traceability. Review hardware and software development plans and design documents for conformance with applicable standards and requirements. Review interface specifications, drawings, and design documents to assess functional, signal, electrical and physical interfaces. Provide advice in technical meetings and reviews, test planning meetings. Review test plans, procedures, and schedules to evaluate completeness, requirements traceability, compliance with test requirements, risks and risk mitigation plans. Provide data reduction and analysis support to analyze and evaluate test data, and review test reports for accuracy and completeness.
• Must be willing to travel (1-2 times monthly).
MS in Electrical Engineering or Physics with over 10 years of relevant experience (BS plus 8 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for a MS degree)
Prefer candidates with:
Strong Radar Systems background, including a sound understanding of RF system design, experience with radar hardware and signal processing.
Experience in and good understanding of weapon systems engineering.
Knowledge and experience with Electro-Optical Systems, Infrared Systems and/or Laser systems.
Good understanding of Electronic Warfare principles.
Good understanding of navigation systems and their associated errors.
Good understanding of air threat systems and ground threat systems and their performance.
Able to think deeply and deliberately on methods to harness new or existing technologies.
Able to work well with others.
Have good written and verbal communication skills.
Position requires that the candidate possess a current SECRET security clearance with a background investigation completed within the past 4 years and with the ability to obtain and maintain a TOP SECRET security clearance in order to access classified information. Inability to obtain a TOP SECRET security clearance will result in candidate being ineligible for this position.
This position is located at Eglin Air Force Base, Florida.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://jobs.torchtechnologies.com/careers/ as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 256-319-7549 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Thanks for your interest in Torch Technologies.
To apply for the first time, select an announcement and click apply for the first time on the menu to the left. If you have already applied, you may edit or update an existing application by clicking Manage My Application on the menu.