- About Us
- Contact Us
Torch maintains an excellent work environment that includes competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, and rewarding work assignments with major opportunities for advancement. This could be your opportunity to join a growing, fast-paced company that is setting standards for superior technical services. To be considered for employment opportunities, you must complete an online application.
Applicants may be subject to government security investigations and must be able to access classified information. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national orgin, age, marital status, veteran status, or the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability. Torch Technologies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Contact us as email@example.com.
Already applied? Click here to manage your online application.
Are you interested in this position? Apply online today for consideration. You may update your application at any time.
Do you know someone who's qualified for this position? Help them out by sending a referral.
See a complete list of our current career openings.
Find out more about our award-winning benefits, our culture of employee ownership, and the strong ties we have to our local communities.
Eglin AFB, FL
This position will provide advisory and assistance support to the Air Force Research Laboratory Munitions Directorate (AFRL/RW). The successful candidate will support the development of varying fidelity level (ex.3-DOF, 5-DOF, 6-DOF) simulations weapons systems and subsystems covering a broad spectrum of simulation methodologies.
• A Bachelors Degree and 7 years of continuous experience modeling, simulation, and analysis of munition systems in 6-DoF simulation environments is required
• Experience with interactions between munitions subsystems: airframe, seekers, guidance and control software and hardware
• Experience analyzing simulation outputs, assess performance results and identify possible subsystem improvements
• Experience integrating external subsystem models into existing simulation environments and architectures and verifying external parties analysis munition performance claims
• Experience implementing and assessing performance of guidance algorithms for all phases of flight: launch, mid-course, and terminal
• Ability to work with existing autopilot models and tune autopilot gains to achieve performance objectives
• Working knowledge of aerodynamic models
• Fully experienced using MathWorks/Simulink
• Experience with C or C++ for integrating or modifying sub-system models
• Ability to implement seeker models and target tracking algorithms
• Ability to generate fully understandable analysis results and clearly convey the results to senior technical and management levels.
This position requires candidates possess a current Secret security clearance in order to access classified information. Inability to maintain a Secret security clearance will result in a candidate being ineligible for this position.
This position is located at Eglin Air Force Base, Florida.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://jobs.torchtechnologies.com/careers/ as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 256-319-7549 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your interest in Torch Technologies.
To apply for the first time, select an announcement and click apply for the first time on the menu to the left. If you have already applied, you may edit or update an existing application by clicking Manage My Application on the menu.