Torch Brings Products to Life
Torch provides end-to-end product design and development services. Within our Technology Integration and Prototyping Center (TIPC), our engineering teams are equipped with the tools and resources needed to create and produce innovative designs and prototypes.
- We assign multi-disciplinary engineering teams to develop solutions and equip them with design tools, configuration management systems, and in-house fabrication resources needed to ensure success.
- We rapidly produce, integrate, and test complex product prototypes across a multitude of manned and unmanned aviation, ground, and missile systems and subsystems.
- TIPC is equipped to assist our customers through low-rate initial production needs.
Research & Development Facilities
The TIPC consists of both primary and re-configurable laboratories. Our reconfigurable laboratories provide space to segment work, protect customer privacy, and facilitate special security needs. All laboratories meet minimum design specifications that allow us to segment and secure various customer projects, while maximizing shared resources. When combined with our software engineering and technical writing groups, the primary electronics, optics, and mechanical laboratories provide Torch with an in-house capability to design, prototype, integrate, and fabricate entire systems. All of our labs and design teams use state-of-the-art design tools and secure configuration management systems with off-premise disaster recovery capabilities.
- 44,700 SF Facility
- 5,500 SF High Bay with heavy-duty floor and rapid prototyping area
- Primary electronics lab – extensive Surface Mount Technology (SMT) and reverse-engineering equipment
- Primary optics & calibration lab – tables, blackbody sources
- 17+ re-configurable research laboratories with classified-capable access with ESD workspaces
- Labs for optics, calibration, and electronics
- ESD compliant work surfaces and flooring throughout
- FM-200 waterless fire suppression in select laboratories
Light Manufacturing Facility
Our facility includes additional high bay and machining space for prototype and end-item fabrication. These facilities are staffed by industry-certified professionals, and our production efforts operate under AS9100D and ISO 14001 quality and environmental processes.
- 40,600 SF facility
- 22,500 SF climate-controlled, securable High Bay
- Machining, welding, sheet-metal, and large-scale integration capability
- Separate steel welding area to segment clean/dirty fabrication
- Clean room capable
- Lay-down yard, quality inspection, kitting, and assembly areas
- Robotics and artificial intelligence / machine learning laboratory
- Classified-capable construction with large roll-up doors to existing area
- 140 ft end-to-end bridge crane (10 ton) for large project fabrication and integration
Expansive R&D and Prototyping Space
- Over 85,000 SF of design, development, and integration space
- 20+ research laboratories, classified capable construction
- Extensive laboratory and benchtop equipment
- Precision CNC machining, sheet/metal working, and welding
Specialized Laboratories & Engineering Design
- Electronic, optical, mechanical and software systems
- Optical calibration laboratory
- Reverse engineering for obsolescence mitigation
- Experience with aviation platforms, weapon system, ground vehicles, unmanned systems, and sensors
Torch is committed to customer satisfaction and continual improvement to meet all our customer’s needs and expectations.